Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wazza adventures

Common responses to door knocking in Warrane.

  • 'I'm Catholic.' What is that supposed to mean?
  • 'I have my own beliefs.' I have not had the opportunity to ask what they are, but I reckon I know what they'll say: 'My belief is that you should be nice to people, and look after your family, and help those less fortunate, etc, etc...' Those are not your beliefs. You did not make up being nice to others. You stole that from the Bible!
  • 'I'm church of England.' What is that supposed to mean?
  • 'I'm too old to be thinking about that kind of stuff.' Old is the time to be thinking about that kind of stuff!!
  • 'Thanks, but no thanks.'
  • 'I'm not religious.' No kidding! Neither am I!!

4 comments:

Mikey Lynch said...

thanks again Jimbo.

fional said...

A very funny post thanks Jimbo :-D

It's great that you're getting a feel for what people are thinking (or at least what they're prepared to tell you about). Good luck thinking of helpful responses and getting to know how life is really going for these people. Keep up the good work!

Alan said...

Any uncommon responses?! :-D

Jonny said...

"I'm church of England".

Excellent! What church do you attend? Half my friends are Anglican also, and some of them are coming to this meeting we are holding. (Hand them a flyer for the meeting). We are going to chat about the bible, then have scones and tea like in the old country.